Poor Eloise. She got spayed last Thursday, and was doing very well until we noticed that the incision was a little bit inflamed and weepy. So we took her to the vet and they gave us some meds. to give her and said to just watch her. So she was doing okay. But, then yesterday (Tuesday) I went to put her outside and looked at the incision and it looked really bad. So I quick called Dad, who thankfully was home for lunch at the time and had him look at it. He said we needed to get her to the vet right away. Emily was gone at my grandma's house sewing a dress, so we called her and told her to meet us there. We quickly went to kulshan and they took her right in. Mom and I left because grandma said she would stay with Emily.
When Em got home she told us what was wrong: Eloise is very allergic to the dissolvable stitches they used to close the incision, so it got very infected. So, they put some cream on a bunch of gauze, put that on her stomach and then wrapped her up. They gave us More meds. to give her and we took her home.
She mostly just sleeps all day. We think it is because of the medication she's on. But hopefully she will be back to her normal, bouncy self soon!
See you all at the wedding. YAY!
Poor Eloise. :(
ReplyDeleteSee you at the wedding too!
Wow. An entire post on a sickly pup - She is such a spoiled little thing; she's probably putting on those puppy eyes because she knows it makes us all baby her to death! Sheesh. Will you do a WHOLE post on me next time I get sick? ;)
ReplyDelete~Milly
PS,
I love your blog background!
Em, you're so funny! Eloise is so cute! Poor thing!
ReplyDelete~Susi